3.0
Equipment Quality
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Layout of Store
Prescription Services

I went to the Lakeland office and was impressed with the excellent hearing test. Then my audiologist put in sample aids and i could hear!

Then, the price: $5200 for two. I went to EBay and bought a used pair of the same units for $350. With batteries, wax filters and eartips, i have about $400 invested.

True, no warranty or adjustment but i hear very well and got top notch equipment. Perhaps its time for the FTC to examine the hearing aid industry?

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 29.

Comments

That was my point. I got a deal because these were available pre-owned.

The markups on hearing aids and other medical devices are huge.

I bought a new CPAP for $400 programmed for my prescription online when my respiratory supplyou company wanted $1500 for the same unit I was renting for a year. That was quite a buyout.

h.kitchener

Why would you want the FTC to investigate something like this? You obviously bought a used unit that someone was selling because it was not needed for some reason.

You got lucky and it actually works for you. Now you realize the huge mark-up on hearing aids, which is the usual practice in this and many other industries.

Sort of like buying a new car for full price and then selling it used for much less. Time to think logically, not emotionally.